Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mentos & Diet Coke -Match made in Heaven

This first picture, is what you might say the 'before' picture. The second one is the 'after'. I wish I could post all the kid's reaction, but this one is my favorite. This was my last night with 'counsel' time before the summer break. At the beginning of the school year, I started with one diet coke and mentos. I encouraged them to never miss a night because all through the year I would surprise them and each time I would double the amount (went to 2, 4, 8 and then this final night of 16). They all got to have their own bottle and mentos. They had so much fun - it was so exciting for them! (Don't think they realize how cheap this activity is.) I wonder when they look back on all the lessons I taught them this year if this one will be their favorite. (Who am I kidding? It will be!)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to finally see some pictures of this!
    I know 20 years from now when you run into one of these kids in the grocery store, they will probably mention the Mentos and Diet Coke. God has certainly gifted you in children's ministry....and I'm not biased or anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an enthusiastic and creative teacher!

    ReplyDelete