Monday, September 12, 2011

Missing My Momma

You know what I love about a blog? It helps you organize your thoughts onto paper. There are some days that I miss my momma so bad. I heard a great analogy ...The saying of "time heals" that makes it sound like if you a put a bandaid on it, it will be all ok. This sorrow is not as small as a cut or tear. It is like part of you was amputated. You don't get over it, you just get used to the new kind of normal. You just get used to missing that arm or leg or in this case, your momma.
I miss my momma on days especially when I am sick. She was a great comforter.
I miss my momma on days I wish I could tell her about Anna and the baby (she could help sew which I desperately need help with.)
I miss my momma on days I can't remember what her voice sounded like.
I miss my momma when it comes to a heavy burden to share.
I miss my momma's laughter (and even some of her scolding). (That's weird)
I miss my momma when I think about her prayers (she always got God's attention).

The list could go on.. But the purpose is not to cry over what I miss about her (although I do that), it is simply to remember why I loved her so much.

1 comment: