Friday, January 22, 2010

Friends not by chance


OK, I know you have seen my Ecuador pictures, but yesterday I had lunch with my dear friend, Monika. This is a picture of us on our second mission trip (Ecuador) where we served together. (Great memories!) Our friendship began almost 5 years ago when we worked together at a CEF afterschool program at the Boys and Girls club in Huntsville.
We are so much alike in so many ways although she has a german accent and I have a very southern accent. I believe God sent her into my path as she challenges me in many ways especially in my service.
She gave me a great quote yesterday from Thomas A'Kempis - Hope you enjoy it as much as I did -I have it in my kitchen window - "JESUS HAS MANY WHO LOVE HIS KINGDOM IN HEAVEN, BUT FEW WHO BEAR HIS CROSS." I told you she challenges me! Thank you God for sending Monika - I know it was not by chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment