Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Cannot believe after all the anticipation that the day has finally arrived for trip to Ecuador! Buenos dias! I am so excited, could not hardly sleep so I decided to write a short note on blog (in hopes that I will be able to keep this up in Ecuador). Trust me, it is very primitive there, but I plan to try. I would be telling a lie if I did not admit how easy it is to start to worry about the connecting flights, the team leaving me in Miami, remembering all the stuff in my packed to the limit suitcases (and having to carry them around), etc. My verse for this trip is Psalm 109:27 ("Let them know that this is Your hand; that You O LORD, have done it.") I would not have gotten out of bed this morning (seriously, I am not a morning person) if I did not have assurance that this trip is God's will and His plan. I am not sure why, but I picture a young woman in one of the villages praying to God in heaven for someone to show her the way! I told God this morning, to tell her I'm coming! I'll tell her His way!

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I read the part about the picture - It's 12:25 here (couldn't sleep) and wondered if I should be praying for you - so did for awhile. I love you, Sister

    ReplyDelete