Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I promised the ladies at the retreat that I would put on my blog the 'tools' I recommended: TOO BUSY NOT TO PRAY by Bill Hybels/ PRAYING GOD'S WORD by Beth Moore / THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE by Stormie Omartian.

I've got to tell you a funny from the retreat. At the very beginning, Sandy and I did a skit of all the crazy things (made up) that happened 'on the way' to the retreat. But throughout retreat, we laughed harder as REAL LIFE things happened to us. (She ran over me with the luggage cart as she 'claimed' she could not see me. I actually looked down when eating lunch at Chick-fil-a and had toilet paper dangling from heel of my shoe (who knows how long I dragged that around). She tangled me up in blow dryer cord (I could have fallen and broken my neck). I accidentally hit the panic button on my car key thingamajig early Saturday morning and felt certain I woke up everyone in hotel. Moral to my story - some things you just can't make up, you live them!

No comments:

Post a Comment