Wednesday, September 1, 2010

$100 for Okra?


I cannot believe that we will be leaving for Ecuador in 3 weeks and 2 days. I would be more excited if I were packed!ha
With Kevin going with me this year, I am sure you can do the math - that is double the dollars for trip. Kevin who loves gardening (yes, we are opposites), felt like he could raise extra vegetables and try to use that money toward our mission trip. Well, we did sell some to the produce lady in our community, but the rest we gave away (and gave away and gave away). A few weeks ago, one of the couples we have been giving okra to, gave us a check for $100 for our mission trip! I was overwhelmed by such a great gift and then another lady finished out the rest of our money for tickets. I have said all that to say this ----- Don't expect God to give unless you are willing to give. And don't be surprised at how He gives! Who would have thought okra would sell for $100? (Only God could do that!)

1 comment: